Pages

Wednesday 28 March 2012

Thrifting ... A little house ...

I do so wish I could pick up my little house and turn it around...
My house faces South...the kitchen is at the front and the sun streams in through the window....Charlie's bedroom is the largest and is at the front...both rooms are lovely and warm. The front garden is in the sun most of the day...and although it is tiny, I can plant mostly what I choose.

Because the back garden faces North, the sun starts and the bottom and creeps up during the day, but never reaches the house itself. My living room is cold all year, only on the hottest days can I open the sliding doors which lead into the sun room.

The other problem with this is watering the garden. There is no outside tap and I hope this year to get some water butts and guttering up on the shed and sun room. The back garden is only about 40ft long but I have squeezed a huge amount in and grow my own veg.... I have tried a hose pipe through the house to the kitchen sink...but all I get is a flooded kitchen as no attachment seems to fit on the mixer tap... 
So the long and short of it all is that I have to use a watering can...the back garden needing 15-20 watering cans full every day.....hard work!

I worked from 8am this morning...chilly with a hoody over my tea shirt...fidgety as I felt cold. I could see the lovely sun up the top of the garden and longed to be outside.
I had my tea out there first thing and a couple of coffees....but I just had to get out...




I popped over to the charity shop....I walked slowly to prolong the experience of the warm sun on me.
And I bought this metal house hook, it was only £1....


No comments:

Post a Comment