Pages

Tuesday 13 March 2012

Paintings of mermaids angels and flowers ......

I love to paint....My mum said she knew I would be an artist when I drew a huge spider on the wall when I was tiny. I remember I used to draw inside books as well...you know the white page at the beginning  and end. My auntie said she would turn the bookcase to face the wall when I visited.... I can't remember that.

I studied art and my tutor said I would have made a good fine artist...he was quite upset when I chose to study textiles.

 I have always been torn between painting and sewing. I love design...I love to print fabric....I enjoy colours...I like to use my imagination.

 It is much the same if I embroider...I make it up as I go along. My mother likes cross stitch and needlepoint, she prefers to follow a chart. I very seldom follow a knitting pattern, on the rare times I have...I will knit it in a fair isle design and make that up as I go along.

 I have never followed a crochet pattern...I was taught how to do a granny square , the basic stitches and from then on somehow just knew how to make what ever I thought of.

I am showing you a few paintings that I have sold.....In fact I did them as simple designs, mostly to sell on eBay. I knew I would not get a lot for them so they are not great works of art, I just enjoyed doing them.

 I have produced many paintings that I am proud of...they have been given away to family and friends. There is far to much competition, too many artists so I have decided to combine what I love to do with what I know I do best.....













The other paintings are on canvas, where as this one was on a large piece of mdf ...I did a few on mdf that I had cut for me...I liked the feel of painting on it. This photo was taken in the shop I had. Actually...I like to paint on walls....huge designs instead of wall paper or hanging pictures.


















No comments:

Post a Comment