Pages

Saturday 10 March 2012

Screen printed fabrics

I like to print fabric more than anything else...I have limited space so I can only use small screens.  I have some very large screens in the shed awaiting the summer when I can set up a table in the garden.

I print using stencils cut from thin paper. It takes a long time to cut the design with a scalpel and to get the screen ready .When I print I have to keep on going as I know the stencil will eventually fall apart or clog up. I do a run of as many as time will allow...or until I get fed up .Usually I start with a light colour, maybe a pink and add more red as I top up the ink to vary the colour after which I may add blue to change it to purple etc. I hang the prints to dry on the washing line.

These are some old prints I did which I made into bags and sold at a farmers market and on eBay. I printed it on paper first so that I can re cut the design and use it again.
I like to colour some of my prints by hand with fabric paints. I love the way one design can be changed in so many ways...



                                   These are old photos rescued from my old blog...
                   the camera was only a cheap and I cant  seem  to alter the photos very well.. 








This is one of the finished bags.........

No comments:

Post a Comment