Pages

Thursday 8 March 2012

Retro fabrics ... and thrifting ...

Well...we have a little sunshine today...I have a north facing garden and the sun is out at the very end...It is fairly warm, so I can hang my washing out and catch up with it. How Charlie (my 14 year old son) and myself can create so much I have no idea. I'm on my second lot now...but...I have to remember that my washing machine is leaking. It has been for some time now and I can't afford to have it fixed. As long as I put newspaper down and slide a couple of ice cream container lids under it I can catch the water. It is leaking just under the front, about a pint a wash...If I don't remember I will have a stream of water across the kitchen which I always manage to walk in and soak my slippers... 

I found this wonderful retro fabric in the charity shop...two curtains...I have washed them but not ironed them yet...I just wanted to show you.....The old woman who lived in the shoe....and look at all the cute little animals.......I'm not quite sure what to make yet...my mind is ticking over....
I live in a small village just outside Eastbourne...not a lot here...a parade of shops...a station..a Tesco...a beautiful park with a lake and within walking distance of Salisbury's..B&Q..Dunelm mill..a bowling alley....Toby carvery and some other things I am not interested in...
 Getting off the subject !...In the village is a charity shop,about five mins away...needless to say, every time I go out I have a little look inside. I know the people who work there very well now...after eight years living here I know all the people in all the shops very well. This is actually very nice, but the problem can be that a quick nip to the post office 5 mins away can sometimes take an hour or so. I post most every day the things I have sold on eBay and to private customers...I chat to the ladies in the post office...the charity shop...the girls on the checkout in tesco, and if I happen to be at Graham's till...he imparts a wealth of knowledge about which tomatoes to grow... etc...










Big retro style flowers...sometimes I can't bring myself to cut up a large piece of fabric and tend to hoard it....I just stapled this bit to a canvas and sewed on a few sequins. It echos the design of the wallpaper in my hall...


This fabric is comes from a double duvet cover...I wanted to use it as a spare but it was faded at the top so I had to cut it...also stapled to a canvas...

The cat is from the charity shop also...I bought it for Charlie but he thinks it too odd...I like it's oddness....



especially its face.....


No comments:

Post a Comment