Pages

Sunday 18 March 2012

Handmade fabric bird ....

I was woken this morning by Charlie holding a lovely cup of tea and a mothers day card.......he made a fuss of me today. William, my middle son sent a card and phoned me...Peter my oldest son sent a text...he came to see me yesterday...Along with the sunshine, that was all I needed to make my day  special.
Charlie was doing his own thing...so I made the most of the sun and walked to B&Q in search of a roll of wallpaper to pretty up a cupboard I wish I had never bought... There was nothing I liked but I enjoyed the walk.
My parents moved to France about five years ago...I missed my mum today. I sat in the sun at the top of the garden and phoned her from there....we chatted until my phone battery died...
I hung out the washing and gave my bracket another coat of paint....It took about three coats of quick drying satin paint to cover the black...you can see how it looked before in the previous post.....



This was after the first coat of paint.........


Whist I had the paint out .... I painted this butterfly thingy. I bought this in the sales after Christmas for £1.25...It is metal and I thought it had  potential......By the time I had done this I noticed it was raining and my washing was soaking wet ....



I struggled a bit screwing the bracket to the side of the shelves.....There is never a man around when you need one ! How come men can do this sort of thing in five minutes...where as it look me ages...mind you it is on straight, more than I can say for the last thing a man put up for me.... 



I had intended to finish off all my birds today.... but it was one of those days ...I spent too long chatting on the phone..and too long chatting on line.... never mind...I had a good day and at last my bird cage is hanging up complete with a pretty little bird....




Happy !....

1 comment: