Pages

Sunday 5 February 2012

Handmade fabric rag dolls.....


A lot of my customers say that my dolls have a retro look about them.....I suppose they do !....I drew some sketches...and decided to make a doll that looked a bit like how children draw people....I just love children's drawings...they have a way of simplifying everything..I have sold many of these, each is different. They are about 31 cm tall.....some have felt eyes sewn on with tiny stitches, but I am gradually going over to printing the faces...this adds to the retro look.  My main love is screen printing fabrics and I hope at some time to print the whole doll...I just need a bit more room in my tiny house to fit in a bigger table and use my larger screens. I print in the sun room in the summer...there is no heating out there, so some things I want to do will have to wait...





No comments:

Post a Comment