Pages

Monday 20 February 2012

I love to crochet....granny squares...


My Nana taught me how to crochet when I was very young...by the age of ten I was proficient enough to teach my Auntie....My first completed project was a granny square poncho.....then a hippie bag ...then more bags which my dad took to work and sold to the girls in his office....This is how I began. I did not get much money for the bags, but enough to buy more wool and keep up production....They were made properly and I lined them...I sewed the lining on my Nans beautiful singer sewing machine and hand stitched the lining in....I also sold suede hippie belts and wrist bands....

The small blanket above was a gift for a friends baby...




I made this hat recently for myself...




This is work in progress....when it was finished I sold it on eBay ....




I made this bag after Christmas but still have not got around to lining it...I made the strap long and wide to wear across the body....I made this to go with my deep purple coat ...
The idea is to be hands free for shopping trips to Brighton.....One of my favourite pass times....down the lanes...wonderful shops...pubs and street cafes...




Work in progress !...I wish I had photos of all the things I have made...


No comments:

Post a Comment