Pages

Monday 13 February 2012

A little peep into my home....


Sweet peas are my favourite flowers. I love the colours and they smell wonderful. I grew so many last year that I had vases full of them all around the house. This photo was taken in my sun room, the flowers stand on an old dresser base that I shall never part with....




This is the view from my kitchen window....snow!...I like to look at it but that is about all, I hate to be cold.  I love Spring through to Autumn........I am one of those people that can not bare to be uncomfortable in layers of clothes...stuck indoors with the heating on. I need to be out in the air...windows and doors wide open...I need the sun. In the summer you will find me either working in my sun room or in the garden....I live in bare feet...flip flops...cut off patched up jeans and cool pretty cotton tops.




This is my hall way, I collect all sorts of mirrors....they reflect the light back into my fairly dark house.  The large mirror says....mirror mirror on the wall.... I painted the stair wall white to keep it as light as possible and also because I am not restricted to using certain colours to coordinate it...I can put what I want where ever I want it...i am gradually re decorating in neutrals and white to allow me to use patchwork and bold retro fabrics ...I  love patterns and like to combine them...My taste is a mixture of shabby chic...retro 70s...gypsy...boho..hippie...




This is my sun room...There is no heating in this room so at the moment it is freezing...As soon as it is warm enough I put a large old pine table out there, and use this room to sew, paint and print my fabrics....It is not a very big room so I can only print on a small scale. I hang my printed fabrics on the washing line to dry along with material...yarn.....embroidery threads..and clothes that I dye and  tie-dye....I used to wonder what my neighbours thought...they are used to me now !



This is a very large wall and I tried hanging paintings and mirrors, but everything looked wrong and lost in the space....so I painted this....


No comments:

Post a Comment