Pages

Sunday 24 June 2012

Retro shabby chic ....

This morning it is really lovely outside...The sky is blue, not a cloud in sight, no wind and at it looks like it will be a sunny day at last.
I have been up since 3.30am! I couldn't sleep...things turning around in my head. I have been creeping around so as not to wake Charlie.
 At 5am my cat Bloopy came bounding across the fences so pleased to find me sitting in the garden at an early hour. I gave him his breakfast...then...the naughty cat shot upstairs into Charlie's bedroom. I managed to get him out without waking Charlie and shut him in the sun room where he is now fast asleep on a nice clean ironed cushion cover.
I have had tea and coffee in the garden ...read my favourite blogs...looked at face book...read my emails and felt at a loss as to what I could do that was quiet. So..I decided to show you a few photos that I have been meaning to put on for a couple of months.



This is just a little ornament I picked up at my local charity shop. I am not really into ornaments...mostly as I hate dusting. I couldn't resist this at 49p...it is kind of retro, I like the flowers...



This is a little Ikea chest of draws that I bought about eighteen years ago...it is getting a bit scratched now but I still love it. I painted it fifteen years ago and have not been tempted to re paint it which is unusual for me...



I would say my style is shabby chic, although I like a broad range of vintage, antique, rustic and modern alongside retro, French chic,floral and country. Basically...I think that means I like a bit of everything....
I looked up retro...which implies a vintage at least 15-20 years old...
I looked up vintage...a term used to describe items that are more than 20 years old...
Now I know what i am talking about !

I bought the cats above for Charlie as they look like our cat Bloopy... I found them in the charity shop about three months ago 50p each...



Try as I may I can't get a good photo of these tea towels... My auntie Pat gave them to me as a gift, I just adore them. The top one is actually white with a beautiful embroidered bird on it, far to nice to use as a tea towel. I can imagine them all getting grubby with Charlie around, so they have remained in a draw forgotten until I found this photo. I think I may make the embroidered one into a cushion....


 
My mum gave me this Cath Kidston tin...I opened it with glee...only to find there was nothing in it ! There was a cup and saucer inside that my cousin Sue gave my mum....I got the empty tin!
Well ....I do like the tin...the only Cath Kidston item I own, and it will come in useful for something I guess....


The little tree was a reduced Easter find from Salisbury's...I like it on my decorated telly cabinet along with the cats. I must watch out or I shall end up with clutter again, when I promised myself I would only have useful things....



All of these things are from the charity shop as well....I bought a set of six original unused 70's plates for £2.50 !!! I have four of the little pale blue plates which are from Next and cost me £1...and the spotty mugs were in the end of season sale...half price...25p each...and there were five of them. All the china is new and unused....



I know it is very late....but I had to show you the Easter chocolate my parents gave me... I had moaned on face book that this was the first year in my life that I did not get an Easter egg...then I was given these.....



My auntie Pat...bless her heart...also gave me this cushion as she knows I dream of having a camper van....



How on earth can I slim down when mum and dad come over from France laden with goodies...chocolate...biscuit's...cheese and wine....


It is 7am now...time for kettle on and wake up Charlie with what he loves best
....... A nice cup of tea ......

And another excuse for me to sit in the garden x

No comments:

Post a Comment