Pages

Thursday 21 June 2012

Growing strawberries in the garden ...

Hi...so sorry I have not blogged for a while...no excuses really...  just that time just seems to whizz by and I have been very busy.

I thought I would show you some photos of my garden that I took a few weeks ago.I have been meaning to put them on and have more on my camera , I hope to get up to date as every day my garden seems to change.


I didn't buy many plants this year as I have divided older plants ...grown from seed and been given many from my auntie and my mum....
I have never grown from seed before and was unsure of what to do with the seeds my mum collected from her garden. Her instructions were ....scatter them!!! So I did. I was thrilled when they started growing...however... Mum took one look and pulled a face that told me all was not well. Mum said  'They are far to close together...there are far to many...you will have to pull some out'.  Well I haven't pulled any out...I couldn't bare to. I have decided to wait and see what happens!



My Bluebells....





Some Pansies...




 Primroses..


I made this trellis last year by lashing together canes...I was a little surprised that it withstood the winter... I planted  honeysuckle,clematis and Jasmin, which are now winding their way around the canes and obscuring the view .




Clematis...






 Nemesia...


Snapdragons...


 This mirror was made many years ago by my Uncle Mike who is sadly no more with us...I  treasure the mirror and have painted it many times. I thought it would look good at the end of the garden which is my special place. This little area is where is sit and chill...I am letting myself indulge in my favourite colours..it is arty and decorated with found objects. The back fence is made from pallets stood up an end and the decking is also on pallets... 



Forget-me-nots...


Clematis...



This photo is taken from the end of the garden.. Last year I bought a strawberry plant and let it run into other pots until I ended up with eight plants. This year I have put some of the plants into hanging baskets. Apparently the runners will hang down and I will have hanging strawberries..also the slugs can't get to them....


 More clematis...one of my favourite flowers...they are filling up the trellis...



The view up my garden to the sunroom....


I love my little garden...Thank you mum for showing my how to grow flowers x


No comments:

Post a Comment