Pages

Thursday 31 January 2013

Growing Clematis...

 
I love Clematis....I constructed a trellis from canes lashed together to hopefully form a screen at the top of my garden. The Clematis were planted two years ago.....they grew and grew until they went around the corner of my garden. I had bought the little wire little fences some time before as they were so pretty with gems threaded on the wires. At last I had a use for them and used garden wire to secure them to the fence....to my delight the flowers wove their way between the wire arches...my
 only regret was that I had not bought more....
 
 
 



 
These Clematis were planted at the left side of my shed many years ago, there were a few flowers each year....then suddenly they off they went covering the fence and growning across the shed. I doubled some cotton yarn ( the only string type of thing I could find) and secred it around the shed roof entwining the plant around the yarn. A beautiful garland of flowers hung around my shed all summer long....





 
Flowers make me so happy... x
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment