Pages

Wednesday 25 April 2012

Butterflies in the garden ...

Firstly I must apologise for not blogging for a while...
I have just been so busy...up to my eyebrows.

I had to take some time off with the Easter holidays to spend with my son. I had some orders to finish and my parents were due to visit which meant a massive tidy up. My parents live in France and mum had to re do her passport...it was sent back as in the photos she was too close to the camera. By the time they had the photos re done, sent them back and waited for the return of the passport Easter was long gone.
My parents arrived on Saturday and needless to say I had to down tools and spend time with them as they were very much missed. 


You may remember this photo a few posts ago....



And this one....


Well...I finally finished it...
I decided to put it in the garden ...mainly as I could find no where suitable in the house.
I gave it a couple of coats of varnish....





and hung it on the side of my shed.
I had quite a problem working out how exactly to attach it and sorting through my tools I came across some white 'things' with nails in that are used to attach cable to walls...I think!
Anyway...they did the job. I did however manage to bash a lump of paint off when I missed the nail and hit the side of it by accident... 




To the left of the butterflies is a clematis that I am going to train across it..




and I planted some white Nemesia in the window box below it..
This may have taken me ages to finish .... but I love it !





This is just a little peep at a cupboard I have nearly finished...another on going job.
This is one of those things you think about for ages...mulling over exactly how to go about it...putting it off as you know it will be time consuming....and then starting it and sort of wishing you hadn't.


x

No comments:

Post a Comment